Rhinoplasty in San Diego, CA
Rhinoplasty is one of the most frequently performed plastic surgery procedures in the world, and one of the few that may be performed on children, as well as teens and adults. Residents of San Diego, La Jolla, Alpine, and nearby communities in Southern California who wish to correct the size or shape of their nose may begin by contacting Pollack Plastic Surgery, which is conveniently located in the Hillcrest area of San Diego.
How can Rhinoplasty improve an individual’s appearance?
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that may be performed on either adults or children to correct a variety of conditions, including:
- Altering the size of the nose.
- Eliminating a hump or ridge on the bridge of the nose.
- Reshaping the tip of the nose.
- Altering the width of the nasal bridge
- Altering the size, shape, or angle of the nostrils.
- Altering the distance or angle between the nose and upper lip.
Rhinoplasty also corrects structural problems caused by birth defects, injury or medical conditions that may cause difficulty breathing, such as a deviated septum.
Why should I consider Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)?
Patients choose to undergo Rhinoplasty for a number of varied reasons. In fact, this procedure is one of the most commonly performed plastic surgeries worldwide. Whether it is to dramatically improve your quality of life by helping you breathe easier, or simply to improve your appearance. Rhinoplasty is a safe and effective procedure that is performed yearly on hundreds of children and adults alike, yielding permanent results.
How is Rhinoplasty performed?
Rhinoplasty is a highly personalized procedure that is tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Several approaches and techniques may be used, depending on each patient’s condition and aesthetic goals. During your initial consultation, our surgeon will assess the size and shape of your nose, discuss your goals, and determine the best approach to address your specific issues, among the following options:
- Open Rhinoplasty is the most frequently performed type of rhinoplasty procedure. It requires one small incision on the outside and another on the inside of the nose, through which the skin of the nose is lifted, allowing the surgeon to reshape the internal structure of the nose, eliminating any excess skin and cartilage tissue. This method grants the surgeon total access to the internal nasal structure, ensuring precision and predictable results.
- Closed Rhinoplasty, though somewhat less common, has the advantage of requiring no incisions on the outside of the nose, leaving no visible scar. This procedure allows for less direct access to inner nasal structures. Closed rhinoplasty must be performed with skill and acute precision. The recovery period and post-operative care is similar to that of open rhinoplasty, producing attractive, natural-looking results with less visible scarring.
What is the recovery process after Rhinoplasty?
We recommend that you plan to have someone drive you home after surgery, as you may still be feeling the effects of the anesthesia. You may also need help with basic care as you rest for the first few days following the procedure.
Immediately after your surgery, you will have some swelling and soreness, and you must keep your head elevated for 24 hours to minimize swelling, so you will have to sleep in a sitting position. Usually, you will have a splint on your nose for about a week after surgery. Swelling will peak and then subside during the first 10 days following surgery. You may gradually resume non-strenuous work activities after about two weeks, and regular exercise and physical activity may be resumed gradually after several weeks, once all of the swelling disappears.
What is the cost of Rhinoplasty in San Diego, CA?
Every procedure is customized, depending on what concerns are being addressed, so costs will also vary between patients. In some cases, where structural reconstruction is required to address a respiratory problem, medical insurance may cover the cost of the procedure. For patients not covered by health insurance, Pollack Plastic Surgery provides easy financing as well as flexible payment options.
If your nose is not in proportion your other facial features, or if you have difficulty breathing due to structural conditions, such as a deviated septum, then contact us for a consultation. Pollack Plastic Surgery is conveniently located in the Hillcrest area of San Diego. Our office serves the communities of San Diego, La Jolla, Alpine, and surrounding areas in Southern California.