Dr. Pollack’s Guide to Preparing for Breast Augmentation
Making the decision to undergo breast augmentation is an exciting occasion. Now that you have decided to take control of your body and create the figure you have always dreamed of, you will likely have questions about how to get yourself ready for the day of your surgery. That is why we are here, to provide Dr. Pollack’s guide to preparing for breast augmentation. The advice below should help you as you look forward to your big day.
Two Weeks Before
- Arrange for a family member or friend to take you home after surgery and stay with you for at least 24 hours.
- Stop taking aspirin and herbal medications.
- Stop smoking, if you have not already.
- Begin taking multivitamins with vitamin C, minerals and iron.
- Confirm your pre-surgery physical appointment with your doctor.
- If, during this time, you develop a cold, please inform us as soon as possible.
Two Days Before
- Be sure to have all prescriptions filled.
- Purchase foods for your recovery such as soup, toast, crackers, bagels, juice and tea. You will need light, convenient food in the days after your surgery.
- Due to the fact that pain medication may cause constipation, you many patients find it helpful to purchase a stool softener in advance.
The Night Before
- Eat a light meal
- Get plenty of sleep
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight
The Day Of
- Do not eat or drink.
- Shower, but do not wear makeup or deodorant.
- Dress in clothing that is loose-fitting and comfortable.
- Have your friend or family member drive you to surgery and be sure they are available to take you home.
Preparing for Your Breast Augmentation? We Can Help
At Pollack Plastic Surgery, we will do everything we can to ensure that your breast augmentation goes as smoothly as possible. If you are curious about the procedure and would like to learn more about what we can do for you, we would be glad to set up a consultation. Located in San Diego, CA, we are convenient for patients in the Poway, Pacific Beach and Coronado communities. So if you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us today.